- Differential Pairs now supported!
- ARES now supports circular holes and diagonal cross-hatch power planes.
- Project Notes now includes multiple reports.
We are pleased to announce that Proteus 8.10 is now released. This version involves a file format change which is not backwards compatible with older versions of the software.
The New features include:
- Differential Pairs: Support for differential pairs is the main addition to this release. We've added configuration options and constraints and included a dedicated routing mode to handle both tracks at the same time. Phase matching or skew correction happens automatically after route placement and both linear and curved routing modes are fully supported. Work continues on differential pairs and we aim to introduce both target length specification and pass-through component support in subsequent service pack releases.
- Report Generation: A significant amount of work has been devoted to the Project Notes module to enable various useful report types to be generated for a given project. Each report is a template that includes one or more data objects (E.g. the length matching table is a data object). All of these data objects are available to the user and can be inserted into new or customized templates for future use. Currently supported report types include:
- PCB Manufacturing Report. Includes Layer Stackup, Drill table, Fiducial data, Assembly drawings and more.
- Variant Comparison Report. Tabulates the differences between variants of the project.
- Design Rule Report. Lists in a linear table all of the design rules that have been specified for the current project.
- Single Pin Net Report. Lists all single pin connections that have not been assigned to the NC net.
- Length Matching Report. Lists all length matched routes including compliance status.
- Differential Pairs Report. Contains detailed information on each differential pair including compliance status.
- Power Plane Enhancements: We've added the following extra configuration options to the power plane system:
- Circular Holes vs Octagonal Holes.
- Diagonal Cross-Hatch Fill
A full list of features and fixes is available from the Updates and Fixes Support Forum for more information. Proteus 8.10 is available free of charge to all customers whose USC is valid as of 1st January 2020.