- Zone Inspector showing plane properties of a PCB.
- Libary Parts can be updated with custom properties and values.
- Updated Pre Production Checker results list.
We are pleased to announce that Proteus Design Suite 8.13 has now been released. It can be downloaded from the home page of the software. Note that this version involves a file format change which is not backwards compatible with older versions of the software.
New features include:
- Zone Inspector: Zone Inspector is a powerful new analysis and management tool for power planes:
- Easily locate and tag planes on the layout.
- View plane configuration at a glance.
- Filter the view by layer and sort data.
- Edit plane settings and set draw order.
- Library Part Property Editing: We've enhanced our library management tools to allow direct property management of library parts in a simple spreadsheet view. Works together with the Manage Changes dialogue to apply changes to the master libraries into any given project.
- Design Walk: Design Walk is a new feature on the schematic that lets you follow a net through the various sheets on the schematic. Users can select a net directly from the context menu on a schematic wire or pin and then use the PGUP and PGDOWN keyboard commands to cycle through the sheets on the schematic with the specified net tagged on each sheet. Alternatively, the context menu can be invoked again to navigate to a specific target sheet. More detailed net analysis can take place in the Design Explorer module as needed.
- Pre-Production Check: We've made some changes to the Pre-Production check in two main ways. First, we've made all of the checks selectable so that users can disable them for the current session if need be. Second, we've persisted the last log so that errors can be worked through with the log as a reference. The log is clearly marked as invalid as soon as the project is changed and a new PPC run should then be made before creating any outputs from the system.
- Multi-Board Project Notes: The multi-board system introduced in Version 8.12 has been expanded to the reporting module so that board specific reports can be generated as needed.